As you might know, I write character-oriented adult fantasy, and from this Wordle you can see who my favorite character in Air was:
In Earth I more or less managed to balance the presence of the four protagonists:
OK, I’ll use it also for upcoming works… to see if my characters have a balanced presence in order of importance, LOL! About the 8 steps… I must thank Tricia Kristufek for spotting my passive voice at least three times in Allan de Sayek – thanks, Trish! If you’re looking for a good editor, contact her!🙂
By the way (did I mention it must be Blog Award Season?), she blogtagged me… so, here are the rules:
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
Her questions for me:
1. Favorite book, and why? Good question. I don’t have a favorite at the moment. But I read the novelization of Star Wars (the original) 9 times back in the 1980s. Does this count? And I lost track of how many times I’ve reread Brunella Gasperini’s books. All of them (the ones I could get my hands on, that is).
2.If you could be a lead character in a book, what type of book would it be? Considering that I’m a writer, I often “write parts” for myself!😉 I used to be the warrior woman in the 1990s, now I’m slightly more feminine, usually more a magic user than a sword-master!
3. Reveal something unique about you that other’s If don’t necessarily know. I think I already answered that question in the previous awards… running out of secrets and unique things! I’m self-taught in writing, languages and history?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I’d probably stick to Europe, but I want to get away from Italy.
5. What genre could you read exclusively and not get bored? I don’t really stick to one single genre…
6. What’s your favorite reading spot? On the bed.
7. If you could pick a period in time, where would you go? Middle Ages – I know, that’s 1000 years, but so much changed that I can’t be more specific… although probably the period I’ve studied for my historical novel (end of 12th century) would probably do. I should be male, though, so I could be a minstrel like Chretien de Troyes!😉
8. What’s your favorite book quote? “The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense” Elisabeth – Pride&Prejudice by Jane Austen – but I could have said that, in my previous life during Jane’s time!😉
9. What’s your favorite color? Blue
10. Cake or pie? None. I’ll take the sandwich, thank you!🙂
as for tagging… well, Joleene lamented a lack of Blog Awards, then it seems right to reciprocate Ben and Georgina who awarded me this year… then again you who are staring at the badge and so badly want it on your blog, grab it. Answer my questions and let me know.
The 10 questions:
1. If you could play the role in one of your favorite books, who would it be?
2. Who would your co-star be in that role?
3. Favorite type of blog post?
4. What kills a book for you?
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
6. And if you could be in any movie, which one and with whom?
7. Favorite color and number?
8. What is the one thing in life you want to accomplish?
9. Name a song that makes you feel happy whenever you hear it.
10. What would your dream job be?
End of Blog Tagging!
Now I’m going to subscribe to Maureen Johnson’s manifesto. I’m NOT a brand. If I wanted to be locked inside a box, I’d have queried traditional publishers. No, thanks, I’m proud to be indie, prolific and almost unbrandable. If I ever go to a convention and end up on some panel (yikes! *runs to hide in her writing cave*), I’ll just be myself. I might fail to sell books to masses, but I’m sure I’ll find my true fans.
Although it’s not easy being an indie either. You may or may not be aware that Smashwords had changed their ToS related to bestiality, rape and incest in erotica, forced by PayPal. See the reactions at both TechCrunch and Self-published Author’s lounge (especially in the comments). I don’t write erotica, but I was hoping to use my PayPal account when I quit DayJob… sigh!
Next week – Allan de Sayek, at last!🙂 Also, beta-readers wanted for a body switch story… thank you!🙂